On this occasion we will try to root on the Lenovo A2010-a phone easily and safely. We did a root experiment on our friend’s mobile phone which is a Grab driver, where this phone is a special phone of the Grab driver 🙂
Ok, before we do Root, we will need to change the Stock recovery into a custom TWRP recovery first, Why? Because by using TWRP recovery, we can backup full system including boot, nvram, frp, system and data. So if the phone has a boot problem, you just need to restore the backup file.
- USB cable
- Download and install the latest Sp-Flashtool.exe on PC
- Download and install MTK VCOM USB driver on PC
- Download MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt and save to PC
- Download lenovo-a2010TWRP.img and save to PC
- Download SuperSU.zip
Installing TWRP Lenovo A2010-a
Before rooting Lenovo A2010-a, your phones must be TWRP installed first
- Make one folder, files: lenovo-a2010TWRP.img and MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt
- Run Sp-Flashtool
- Select MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt in Sp-flashtool, This will auto check recovery->lenovo-a2010TWRP.img
- Press Download button at SP-Flashtool
- Power off your Lenovo A2010-a now
- Connect your Lenovo A2010-a to PC using USB-cable
- You will see “OK” at Flashtool
- TWRP after installed at your phone now
Rooting Lenovo A2010-a
- In case the phone is off. Press simultaneously “Volume Up and Power button”. you will go to TWRP recovery mode
- Please make backup first
- Install SuperSU.zip
- Reboot system and done.
Thanks, if you have question or found broken link, please leave comment.
Reggards, Fordroid author.